With the first few assignments done I feel my writing has gotten better since the first day but still needs more improvement. What I like about this class is that it revolves around the Internet. While technology keeps getting more and more advanced so are we. The fact that we can connect papers online and Mr. Navarro can critic, is awesome. Also the fact that Blogger and Gmail can connect like this I found that really amazing. One thing I need to start doing more is organizing my paper before I write it. I recently had to write a four page paper for art and I started writing and got stuck at two pages. When I went back and planned out everything I was going to say and in what paragraph I finally reached four pages.
Throughout this class, I've seen my writing develop. My senior year of english was by far the hardest year of my life. My teacher should have been a college professor. He taught us what college kids at Nassau Community College were learning. My first paper I handed to him had been just like the paper I've handed in my whole life. I got an F on my first paper. No one in my class received anything higher than a C until about halfway through the year. I dreaded this class everyday but, in the end it made me a better writer. On my last paper of the year I received a B, knowing that I deserved that grade made me feel better about my writing.
This class was a bit tricky for me. I didn't like that everything was built around the Internet. I like having my papers in front of me, I feel more organized that way. Although, I did find it interesting all the things we can do on the Internet. For example, how we can all comment on one page at the same time.
This class was a bit tricky for me. I didn't like that everything was built around the Internet. I like having my papers in front of me, I feel more organized that way. Although, I did find it interesting all the things we can do on the Internet. For example, how we can all comment on one page at the same time.
You can work on your sentence structure - the way you phrase thoughts.
ReplyDeleteCareleslie, I think looking and focusing on sentence structure is one way to think about writing. Some of us like to think of our writing as bits and pieces (words, sentences) and some like to think of them in larger units (paragraphs, pages, sections). Which is the best way to write? I don't know. I try to work as much as possible on either. Sometimes what I need is a "perfect" sentence, and sometimes I need to produce a page or two... The more tools we have in our bag the better off we'll be!
ReplyDeleteGreat reflection, Kristen. We change and grow as writers... It's not easy. But it's a part of growing and developing as students, learners and of course, as writers.